Atrovastatin Calcium is a statin, which is marketed under the brand name Lipitor. Our offered compound is primarily used for preventing cardiovascular diseases and also acts as a lipid-lowering agent. The working of the mentioned product is to inhibit the the enzyme called HMG-CoA reductase and reducing the level of cholesterol generated by the mentioned enzyme, which is present in the tissues of liver.
- By lowering the cholesterol level, it also helps in preventing heart strokes.
- For treating LDL and triglycerides
- Elevating total and HDL cholesterol
- Precautions to be taken while taking Atorvastatin Calciums
- To be consumed orally with or without food once a day or as guided by the physician.
- If the patient is pregnant or have any liver disease or persist any other medical condition then he should discuss it with his doctor before consuming the mentioned product.
- As grapefruit increases the medicine amount in the blood, thus one should avoid the consumption of grapefruit while the person is on this medication.
- Should not be given to children under ten years of age.
- Molar mass: 558.64 g/mol
- Bioavailability: 12%
- Formula: C33H35FN2O5
- ATC code: C10AA05
Plot No.: 6201/A, Opp. EWAC Alloys, GIDC, Ankleshwar, Gujarat, 393002, India