The mentioned product is known to be N-Ethyl-Nâ²-(3-dimethylaminopropyl) carbodimide, Hydrochloride, which is an enzyme inhibitor. Chemical formula and molecular weight of our offered product are C8H17N3â¢HCl and 191.70, respectively. Also regarded as carbodiamide reagent, EDC HCl acts as an essential tool for forming peptide or amide bonds in an aqueous media. It is easily soluble in alcohol, ethanol, methanol and DMF.
Chemical Properties :
The melting and boiling point of EDC HCl ranges from 110 to 115 and 250 degree Celsius, respectively. Moreover, its density is 0.88 g/cm3 and in order to maintain the effectiveness of the offered compound, it should be stored at -20 degree Celsius temperature.
- Effectively applied in the synthesis of polynucleotide
- Helpful in enabling the conjugation of hapten-carrier protein
- Works as a condensing reagent, which is highly soluble in water
- Can also be used for anhydroxydation, lactonization and esterification
Bulletined below are some other characteristics of EDC :
- For stabilizing active ingredients and increasing the efficiency of reactions, this compound generally reacts with NHS or Sulfo-NHS groups.
- Byproducts of offered compound can be easily removed within a wash that contains dilute acid and water
- Being a crystalline reagent, it is highly demanded for formulating activated derivatives of high-quality
- CAS No- 25952-53-8
- Mol Wt - 191.70
- Syn Name - 1-ethyl-3-(3-dimethylaminopropyl)carbodiimide hydrochloride
Plot No.: 6201/A, Opp. EWAC Alloys, GIDC, Ankleshwar, Gujarat, 393002, India